- Follow anenglishwomaninmumbai on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Lessons I learnt from Durga
- Mumbai Public Transport (yes again!), being on the radio & why trains are a metaphor for the world.
- Cheese and Wine Whine (Review)
- Animal Rescue
- Vat Savitri Vrat London Style
- Mumbai (un)Public Transport part 3
- On Indian Weddings...
- Cultural Appropriation - My Two-pennies Worth!
- The Gods That Ate Everything
- Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Category Archives: Festivals
The last week or two in Mumbai we have seen a lot of celebrations (and a lot of chaos!) in the streets. Ganesh Chaturthi has filled the streets with processions of drummers and dancers as bappas were paraded towards their … Continue reading
Last Sunday I fasted on the Hindu festival of Vat Savitri Vrat (or Vat Purnima as it is know in some states). This is the day when many Hindu women in India fast and pray to the divine for their … Continue reading
So before my story takes me back across the pond here is a little photoblog with some of my favourite pics of shows I worked on in India as a sound engineer: Sunburn, Mumbai, 2013 First Stop for the RedBull … Continue reading
Normally I write a blog about being an ex-pat living and working in Mumbai. Today I am giving you a photography blog for a change to my usual ranting. Here are some portraits of some of the amazing people we’ve … Continue reading
This December I’ve had the delight of my job taking me to Goa for two very different festivals. The first of which was a yoga and mind body spirit kind of affair. As the only female sound engineer in my … Continue reading