- Follow anenglishwomaninmumbai on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Lessons I learnt from Durga
- Mumbai Public Transport (yes again!), being on the radio & why trains are a metaphor for the world.
- Cheese and Wine Whine (Review)
- Animal Rescue
- Vat Savitri Vrat London Style
- Mumbai (un)Public Transport part 3
- On Indian Weddings...
- Cultural Appropriation - My Two-pennies Worth!
- The Gods That Ate Everything
- Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Category Archives: Hinduism
The last week or two in Mumbai we have seen a lot of celebrations (and a lot of chaos!) in the streets. Ganesh Chaturthi has filled the streets with processions of drummers and dancers as bappas were paraded towards their … Continue reading
Today is Savitri Pooja in India. I wrote about this tradition last year (see link below where you can read the story of Savitri and my interpretation of it). https://anenglishwomaninmumbai.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/vat-savitri-vrat-london-style/ While it is a festival that some view as oppressive … Continue reading
A lot has been written on this subject recently, both in the world of fellow intercultural-relationship bloggers and in the mainstream media. The whole debate has on more than a few occasions ruffled my feathers. There seems to be … Continue reading