- Follow anenglishwomaninmumbai on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Lessons I learnt from Durga
- Mumbai Public Transport (yes again!), being on the radio & why trains are a metaphor for the world.
- Cheese and Wine Whine (Review)
- Animal Rescue
- Vat Savitri Vrat London Style
- Mumbai (un)Public Transport part 3
- On Indian Weddings...
- Cultural Appropriation - My Two-pennies Worth!
- The Gods That Ate Everything
- Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Category Archives: Humor
I was reading a thread about favorite home traditions of people who have married into Indian culture. Very fast the posts turned into nostalgia about various types of food. I wanted to expand on my thoughts about this, plus I … Continue reading
Last Sunday I fasted on the Hindu festival of Vat Savitri Vrat (or Vat Purnima as it is know in some states). This is the day when many Hindu women in India fast and pray to the divine for their … Continue reading