- Follow anenglishwomaninmumbai on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Culture Clash: Boobies!
- Mumbai Public Transport (yes again!), being on the radio & why trains are a metaphor for the world.
- Cultural Appropriation - My Two-pennies Worth!
- Mumbai Public Transport (part 1)
- Brexit, Visas and Immigration Ranting!
- Mumbai Public Transport (part 2)
- On Indian Weddings...
- Cheese and Wine Whine (Review)
- "it's a little different here…."
- The First Red Tent in India
- Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Category Archives: Tradition
I was reading a thread about favorite home traditions of people who have married into Indian culture. Very fast the posts turned into nostalgia about various types of food. I wanted to expand on my thoughts about this, plus I … Continue reading
The last week or two in Mumbai we have seen a lot of celebrations (and a lot of chaos!) in the streets. Ganesh Chaturthi has filled the streets with processions of drummers and dancers as bappas were paraded towards their … Continue reading
This incident, rather ironically happened to me during World Breastfeeding Week, so wishing all the mamas out there doing it, trying to do it and supporting those that can’t a belated happy World Breastfeeding Week! Find out more in the link … Continue reading
Today is Savitri Pooja in India. I wrote about this tradition last year (see link below where you can read the story of Savitri and my interpretation of it). https://anenglishwomaninmumbai.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/vat-savitri-vrat-london-style/ While it is a festival that some view as oppressive … Continue reading
A lot has been written on this subject recently, both in the world of fellow intercultural-relationship bloggers and in the mainstream media. The whole debate has on more than a few occasions ruffled my feathers. There seems to be … Continue reading