Some time ago now I was lucky enough to be nominated for the sisterhood of the world blogger award by the wonderful Carissa Hickling aka Everyday Asia aka Whisky Lady. Thank you very much Carissa and hope you are doing good!
How it works:
I answer questions from Carissa an in turn nominate some more of my fellow blogger sisters and ask them some questions. So here goes……
- What are your favourite rainy day activity(ies)?
I like to cook with my daughter – we make sweet dishes like fairy cakes and gulab jamen and fight over who gets to lick the spoon. We then sit in a sugar daze watching equally sugary kids films which usually involve a princess and if I’m a really lucky mama, disney singing. At this point I usually crack out the brandy and add it liberally to my hot chocolate!
2. If you had to transmogrify into an animal – which and why?
Maybe a bear as they get to sleep all winter – or a migratory bird- anything that gets to escape the cold of England!
3. What TV shows or films currently keep you amused or engaged?
Well there is the weather which like a true brit I watch religiously every morning! It has everything; suspense, heartbreak, excitement (often followed by disappointment) and is often the talking subject for the rest of the day.
Other than that, I’m not a big watcher of television but I do love downloading and collecting science fiction B movies, obscure eastern european cinema and japanese animee.
My daughter has given me a wonderful excuse to dig out old favourite kids shows like Ulysses 31 and The Mysterious Cities of Gold. I’m a massive kid so have no shame in admitting my love of animation and fantasy films like The Never Ending Story.
4. What makes you howl in frustration?
Read any of my blogs on immigration! Being separated from the man I love in different countries is my worst personal frustration. Tory politicians and UK weather once again crop up in my room 101 list.
5. And what makes you jump up and dance for joy?
My daughter is undoubtedly the most joyful thing in my life. There is no better way to start the day than singing and dancing all the way to school with her in the car. This produces some rather bemused stares from other drivers. She is the most fun person I know, my daughter, and seeing her happy is my reason for being.
Good red wine and good company feature also feature fairly highly on the list and world peace and stuff.
6. What were you up to 10 years ago?
Travelling round Europe in big trucks filled with soundsystems going to massive week long raves and stopping everywhere beautiful and interesting in-between. Hot springs and historical cathedrals – wild forests and dried river beds through to German lakeside camp sites filled with teenage boys in speedos. We saw it all and made memories to last a life time. Travelling in convoy in a large group of people from all over the world all for the love of music.
7. In a perfect world, where will you be and what will you be doing 10 years from now?
I would be happily married with a couple more kids, living somewhere hot doing something creative and getting paid well for it. Summers we would cruise around Europe in our dutch barge, winters would be spent on tropical beaches in Asia and Africa. I will take my children to every country in the world and educate them to make a difference and make the world a better place. Also to make some money so they can buy me a villa and a yacht.
8. What’s the worst play / live performance you have ever seen? (as in shudder!)
I get to see a lot of cringeworthy miming in my job working in events – if I was to reveal which artists were doing it I would get into a fair degree of trouble though!
9. What CD is in your player / song on your iPod / streaming… you get it!
‘Ain’t Misbehavin’ by Billie Holiday
10. What is the most useless thing you packed and never ever actually used when traveling or shifting to another place?
Shoes with heels. Why do I even own any let alone think I will ever wear them?!!
So now for my nominations……
Expat Lingo – Often very funny stories from a serial ex-pat with five countries under her belt!
Foreign Indian Wife – Previously My Hindi Heart – intercultural love, struggles and successes living abroad. Often very moving and always a good read.
With Love From Larissa – Very sweet blog – Swiss girl, Indian boy, lots of travels, love and adventures! Once her blog made me actually cry….
Nomadic Chica – Colourful travel stories from a chica from Chile travelling the world one step at a time!
English Wife Indian Life – Lauren’s blog is fantastic and engaging – another intercultural love story and a very honest account of living ex-pat life as an Indian wife. She has a great love for India and her husband and it’s just lovely to share her journey!
Supermum and other Disguises – Not a travel or ex-pat blog as such but involves a fair amount of travel and tips on parenthood from a lady who has certainly travelled a great deal!
One Cuppa Chai – A blog by the wonderful Heather Saville-Gupta, author of ‘Becoming Mrs Kumar’ about her reverse culture shock experiences returning to UK from India.
And my questions…..
- Where is the most special, favourite place to you in the world and why? I’m talking sentimental, gooey happy stuff here!
- Many of us on here are in intercultural relationships and write a great deal about them and the subject of love in general. I want to know about your first schoolgirl love/crush/ kiss? And do you know what became of that person?
- What are your desert island discs? (5 records that you would take to your desert island if you could only ever listen to these five tracks and nothing else ever again?)
- What is the funniest story you can think of that involves any part of your body?
- How did you meet your partner? If you’ve not met him yet tell us about your perfect man?
- If you could bump off three of the world’s politicians which three and why? (They don’t have to die a painful death as such, just be permanently removed from any kind of seat of power.) If you don’t like politics you can choose three celebs.
- Why do you write? (Big deep question that one!)
- Give us your best home cooking comfort food delicious recipe!
- Give us a link to the funniest internet video you have seen this year..
- If you could have three wishes what would they be?
So what happens next? Well the lovely ladies I have nominated write a post telling the world I have nominated them for this auspicious award. Answer my questions and nominate some more lovely ladies and ask their own questions!
If I have nominated you make sure you send me a link to your post – have fun sisters of the world!