- Follow anenglishwomaninmumbai on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Lessons I learnt from Durga
- Mumbai Public Transport (yes again!), being on the radio & why trains are a metaphor for the world.
- Cheese and Wine Whine (Review)
- Animal Rescue
- Vat Savitri Vrat London Style
- Mumbai (un)Public Transport part 3
- On Indian Weddings...
- Cultural Appropriation - My Two-pennies Worth!
- The Gods That Ate Everything
- Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
Tag Archives: Humor
I was reading a thread about favorite home traditions of people who have married into Indian culture. Very fast the posts turned into nostalgia about various types of food. I wanted to expand on my thoughts about this, plus I … Continue reading
I’ve written previously about my experiences on the Mumbai public transport system. Now I would like to share with you my newfound love, my daily joy in sunny yellow, my savior from traffic jams, chore rickshaw drivers and being pretty … Continue reading
Last Sunday I fasted on the Hindu festival of Vat Savitri Vrat (or Vat Purnima as it is know in some states). This is the day when many Hindu women in India fast and pray to the divine for their … Continue reading
My mother has given me a bike. It is both a curse and a blessing. Now I have no excuse but to get fit and healthy, save the environment along with the contents of my wallet and gain some damn … Continue reading
So this week I have mainly been doing shows in the NCPA. It has been pretty nice to be in an auditorium actually built for theatre with some kind of half decent acoustics. The salubrious surroundings were much more akin … Continue reading